When I performed an upgrade to WordPress 3.2.1 the upgrade went fine, but when trying to Login to the site it prompted for a Database Upgrade. After executing this, it would result in a blank screen with just the WordPress logo and nothing else.
To fix the problem I had to temporarily remove the file object-cache.php from the wp-content directory and restart the web application. Once I did this the database upgrade worked fine.
It appears the database upgrade process doesn’t like Wincache 1.1, however upgrading Wincache to 1.2.614.0 may possibly fix the problem. Download location: http://sourceforge.net/projects/wincache/files/development/
I had an issue where CallerID would not display on my phone when a call came in via PSTN on a Draytek 2830Vn ADSL router (firmware 3.3.6_beta). It would display correctly when a call came in over VoIP.
Draytek support advised me to run the following command from a telnet session to the router, which fixed the problem for me.
voip dsp relaydbounce off
I encountered an issue where certain graphs would not display at all when accessing PRTG Network Monitor 22.214.171.1242 on the outside of a Microsoft TMG 2010 firewall, and an error would be displayed every minute or so when I was connected to the site. If I accessed the PRTG site on the inside of the firewall, all graphs were displayed fine and no errors were shown.
The error displayed in the web browser was:
From the TMG logs I could see some http traffic getting blocked and the following error recorded:
Blocked by the HTTP Security filter: URL normalization was not complete after one pass
Upon identifying the error, I figured that it was related to one of the HTTP filtering settings on the publishing rule that publishes the site through TMG. On the Traffic tab for the rule in TMG, select the Filtering -> Configure HTTP button to display the following page:
To fix the problem I turned off the Verify Normalization setting which changes the way TMG handles URLs with a lot of escaped characters such as % (which was heavily used in some of the PRTG Network Monitor web pages having problems).
A description of the Verify Normalization feature can be found on this page : http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc302627.aspx
I assume this problem would exist on ISA 2004/2006 in addition to TMG 2010 as they all operate in a similar way.
Vigor Routers support MIB II. Please download the standard MIB II and ADSL-LINE-MIB.
The items below are the ADSL-LINE-MIB that Vigor Routers support.
OID for supported ADSL LINE MIB
Above information is courtesy of www.draytek.com.
PPP uptime is 126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.1.9.6 but the value returned is in timeticks. timeticks are 100ths of a second since system boot time.
system uptime – (timeticks/100) = ppp uptime
Sync Speed: 184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.2.3
Sync Speed: 22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.2.3
InOctects = 184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.1.10.6 (Downstream)
OutOctects = 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.1.16.6 (Upstream)
The fix the problem of WordPress updates not working do the following :-
Give the IUSR account modify permissions to the wordpress folder on your web site.
Run the following commands:
C:\Perl64\bin>ap-iis-config list sites (to get the list of sites and their numbers)
ap-iis-config add map –ext .pl –site <sitenumber> –type cgi
Steps I followed to move my SharePoint (WSS v3) Content Databases to SharePoint 2010 on another server (including upgrade) were:-
- Detach DB from SQL2008 on original server using SQL Management Studio.
- Copy the .mdf and .ldf files for the content database to the DB folder on the new server.
- Attach DB to new SQL 2008 R2 server using SQL Management Studio.
- Create web application in SharePoint 2010 Central Administration using the same URL as the original site (must be exact name).
- After the site has been created successfully, delete its default content database from SharePoint Central Administration.
- Copy the SSL certificate (including private key) from the original server to the new server and import into the Certificates/Local Computer store.
- Configure the IIS Bindings (IP Address, SSL, Host Headers, Ports) for the new SharePoint web site.
- Run the powershell command from the SharePoint Management Shell to attach the DB to the web application in SharePoint 2010. This process also upgrades the database. ( Mount-SPContentDatabase -Name STS_<name>_848357356 -DatabaseServer <servername> -WebApplication https://sp.<domain>.com/ -Updateuserexperience )
- Configure the correct Alternate Access Mappings (AAM) for the site in SharePoint Central Administration.
- Change the Web Publishing Rule on the TMG server to point to the new SharePoint server.